Join Save The Bay in the office and outdoors at our restoration sites around the Bay, as a volunteer in our Fellowship Program. You’ll support our day-to-day operations and be a part of cool and innovative projects, while gaining hands-on nonprofit experience with mentorship from our talented and passionate staff. This is an excellent opportunity for your professional development and networking, and for the chance to explore roles and responsibilities that could lead you to your next career.
We are currently hiring for our next session which begins in September 2016, and runs for 12-16 weeks after your start date.
What we’re looking for:
- A go-getter who loves to get his or her hands dirty in the Bay mud and who isn’t afraid to call out friends who aren’t using reusable bottles and bags
- Someone with experience or knowledge in environmental studies, policy, restoration science, community engagement, communications, or fundraising
- A team player with an ability to get things done, a great sense of humor, and a passion for San Francisco Bay
What we offer:
- Professional office space in the heart of downtown Oakland with easy access to BART, amazing eateries, and an extraordinary view of the Bay to inspire you
- Experience working on our upcoming groundbreaking projects such as the first inaugural Bay Day celebration on October 1, 2016, and the campaign for Yes on Prop 67 to uphold California’s single-use plastic bag ban on the November 2016 ballot
- Enrichment opportunities galore. Our fellows are active members of the organization and participate in a Bay restoration planting day, attend our all-staff meetings and partake in our staff appreciation events
- Session duration is 12-16 weeks (we’re flexible)
- You’re committing to 20-24 hours/week
- This is an unpaid volunteer position
- Your transportation costs will be reimbursed
How to apply:
- Select a specific department/position to apply for
- Email your resume and cover letter with your chosen department in the subject line to jobs AT savesfbay DOT org
- Check out our website for more information including application deadlines, https://www.savesfbay.org/fellowship-program
- Save The Bay reserves the right to fill positions before the application deadline passes
Want to know what it’s like to be a Fellow firsthand? Check out these blogs our former fellows wrote about their experience at Save The Bay.