General Information Collection and Use
Save The Bay is the sole owner of the information collected. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. We collect information from our users at several different points in person, via email, postal mail and through our website. Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. Learn more about giving to Save The Bay.
The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for savesfbay.org.
This website contains links to other websites. Save The Bay is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage our users to be aware of when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the savesfbay.org website.
- Log Files: We use IP addresses to help analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Tell-A-Friend: If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. Save The Bay will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Save The Bay stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
- Various Registrations: To receive certain updates or use certain features of this website, a user may have to first complete a registration form. During registration a user is required to give their contact information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact the user about the services on our website for which they have expressed interest. If asked for, it is optional for a user to provide demographic information (such as income level and gender) and unique identifiers, but encouraged so we can provide a more personalized experience on our site. Users may opt-out of receiving future electronic mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
- Online Surveys: Our online surveys ask visitors for contact information (like their email or mailing address). We use contact data from our surveys to send the user information about Save The Bay and its activities. Users may opt-out of receiving future electronic mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. Other data collected by online surveys is used to educate Save The Bay about the interests and concerns of its supporters and general site visitors concerning Save The Bay’s mission. This information is not shared with other organizations.
- Email Newsletter: Save The Bay operates email newsletter and contact lists to reach its members who request such information. Such services are run both by Save The Bay and contracted vendors. We may share our contact lists with our 501(c)(4) sister organization, the Save The Bay Action Fund. With the exception of the Save The Bay Action Fund, email addresses are never shared with any other organization, and users may opt-out of participating or receiving email information from Save The Bay or the Save The Bay Action Fund at any time.
- Security: This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. This includes a firewall and 24 monitoring of site activities by our hosting service provider as well as 128-bit SSL encryption (where allowable by law) on all transaction-oriented operations between users and Save The Bay via our transaction service providers.
- While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Our employees are regularly notified and reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our visitors’ information is protected.
- Children’s Online Privacy: Because we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulation establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly collect contact or personal information from children under 13. Our sites are not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13.
- It is possible that by fraud or deception by others we may receive information given to us or pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In making a donation or membership gift to Save The Bay, users are required to give their contact information (such as name, email address and/or mailing address) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers if needed). Contact information from the donation form is used to send information about our organization to our donors/members. The donor’s contact information is also used to get in touch with the donor/member when necessary. We use a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. This company does not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
We use a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. This company does not retain, share, store, or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
We occasionally partner with other parties to provide specific services, such as jointly run outings on the Bay. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Save The Bay occasionally shares mailing address information with like-minded organizations. If users do not wish mailing information to be shared, please contact Save The Bay at email@example.com.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as a user’s zip code), or if a user no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user’s personal data provided to us. This can usually be done at the member information page or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save The Bay gives users the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
Email request to: email@example.com
Mail request to:
Save The Bay
1330 Broadway, Suite 1800
Oakland, CA 94612-2519
Phone request to: (510) 463-6850 (select Membership option)
Contacting Save The Bay
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our privacy practices, or your dealings with this website, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notification of Changes