Have you been meaning to mix up your holiday shopping with some holiday giving?
A donation to Save The Bay could help us create habitat, prevent pollution, or connect students to wetlands they might not otherwise have the chance to explore.
Plus, we’re happy to share: checks and credit cards aren’t the only ways to support our work!
Ways You Can Protect the Heart of our Home:
- Vehicle Donation Program – Yes, cars can help our cause! Save The Bay’s vehicle and boat donation program provides crucial support to our programs. Making the donation is easy – visit www.savesfbay.org/vehicle-donations to turn your unwanted vehicle into a charitable contribution.
- Donating your IRA Assets – Use your traditional IRA to make your charitable gift. The IRA Charitable Rollover allows people age 70 ½+ to make charitable gifts up to $100,000/year directly to Save The Bay without incurring federal income tax on the withdrawal. Contact Katie Reitter at KReitter@saveSFbay.org or 510-463-6837 to get the process started.
- Planned Giving – When you include Save The Bay in your will, trust, or beneficiary listings, you help ensure that future generations will enjoy a healthy, vibrant Bay. Your estate gift will have a lasting impact on the Bay, allowing diverse communities around the region to experience its beauty. Let us know that you have included Save The Bay in your estate plans and we’ll send you a beautiful framed Bay photo as a special thanks! Contact Katie Reitter at KReitter@saveSFbay.org or 510-463-6837.
- Stock Donations – Did you know that Save The Bay accepts stock gifts? By making a gift of stock held longer than one year, you avoid paying capital gains tax altogether. Visit www.savesfbay.org/stock for account information.
- Workplace Giving & Matching Gifts – Your employer may offer valuable ways for you to support Save The Bay’s programs. Visit www.savesfbay.org/employer-matched-gifts to learn if payroll deduction contributions and matching gifts are possibilities at your organization.
- AmazonSmile – Give back while you shop this holiday season! Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to Save The Bay whenever you shop on AmazonSmile. Simply visit www.smile.amazon.com and select Save The Bay as your charity of choice.
- Make a Tribute Gift – You can even celebrate a loved one while championing our programs. Give to Save The Bay in honor of a friend’s birthday, wedding or other special event. You can also give the gift of membership! Visit www.savesfbay.org/tribute to make your tribute gift today.
- Become a Bay Sustainer – Of course, traditional donations are always welcome! Bay Sustainers are a special group of Save The Bay members who make regular monthly gifts. Sign up to be a Bay Sustainer and we will send you a limited edition Save The Bay t-shirt: www.savesfbay.org/baysustainer
- Volunteer – 44,000 pounds of weeds can’t remove themselves! Our dedicated volunteers were behind that breathtaking stat and many more this year. Save The Bay is profoundly grateful to have the support of thousands of people who show up rain or shine to pitch in at our restoration events. Their hard work helps us create habitat, protect wildlife, and improve water quality across San Francisco Bay. Check out our calendar to get involved: https://savesfbay.org/volunteer/calendar
All of these options help Save The Bay protect the heart of our home for future generations.
For more information on the numerous ways to give please, contact Jackie Richardson at Jackie@saveSFbay.org or at 510-463-6835.